Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hey everybody. It's been almost TWO years since my last and first entry on the blog. I'm going to try and keep it updated in future.

A short summary of what's been up. After graduation I started working at Triggerfish Animation Studios here in Cape Town, South Africa. I started on shot final ling for the company's first feature film "Adventures in Zambezia, due for release 28 December in South Africa, but already doing very well overseas. Feel free to visist www.triggerfishstudios.com for further info on the company and Zambezia.

After Zambezia I jumped right onto Triggerfish's second feature "Khumba." A story about a young Zebra earning his stripes. Look out for Khumba in the near future.

My duties on Khumba involved all previz environment modeling, about 65% high res environment modeling using Zbrush, XSI and rendering in Arnold. About two months of animation to help out with deadlines and lastly layout, set dressing and shot finalling using ICE distribution and Arnold Standins. Toward the end of production I was given the task of creating an interactive e-book for Triggerfish's "Adventures in Zambezia," which should be available for download on iTunes and Google Play very soon.

My time at Triggerfish has come to and end  for the time being, but I'll be back there not too long from now. Be sure to check back regularly for updates and exciting news.

For the moment I'm going to freelance a bit, got a few private jobs lined up, so check back soon to see what I'm up to.

Cheers
ur_heinis

No comments:

Post a Comment